Sunday 1 November 2015

Class Task: Music Video Production - Film Roles

Films require people to take roles as part of the crew.

For the music video I will be making in a group, I have selected the role of Assistant Director/Production Designer for myself to partake in.

The role would consist of:

Being creative and assisting the big boss director in all aspects such as cast, script and editing. They need to be creative, committed , passionate, confident (to an extent), decisive, collaborative, talkative (to an extent), inspirational, understanding of film making  (technically and creatively), work intensively, attentive, calm, belief and determined.
They need to have visual awareness, expert knowledge, be skilled at computers, show leadership skills, prioritise, have good communication and presentation, use tact and diplomacy and know requirements of health and safety.


This kind of role I think would be suitable, for me, as I match some of these skills and can fit into the role of balancing between working on set and with the crew, essentially making me an integral part of all aspects of the creation process for both cast and crew alike, showing my worth as a member of the group and being ready to contribute fully to the video in any way possible.



If any other videos are made, the group have considered putting myself as the Director of Photography, who serves somewhat as the polar opposite to this position of keeping completely to themselves and focusing, primarily, on the task. I feel this would give me a broad range of skills and a good idea of future planning for any further tasks to try both very different positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment