Sunday 1 November 2015

The Biggest, Baddest Film Makers Update

I'm not dead!

We've had a week off of college so I've been using the time to enjoy myself and the world and all of it's beauties. By that I mean I've locked myself in my room for a week, watched some movies, played some games and even worked on some homework (by the way, a lot of that homework to come. Hype). I've just not been interested enough in updating this thing recently, to be honest.

For real though, I'm back, and I will be back for at least six weeks, then Christmas will be approaching and I don't even know what. So hi.

Now, one of the homeworks was to give a description of yourself on your blog, so here we go. I am a typical guy who enjoys to spend his time doing the things I mentioned above. I spend time talking to my friends and sometimes we get together and have fun times, especially when there is a birthday involved. In the future, I intend to make films, contrary to my insistence on music videos in this blog, and I am determined to make my ideas come to life. See, there's been a lot of talk in the class about moving people to this kind of lower tier version of the course, and for the most part it's been pretty apparent which kind of people aren't pulling their weight. But that's another thing you need to know about me - I can be pretty paranoid at the best of times. So recently, I've been thinking "Oh golly gee, what if getting moved down is me?", so I'm thinking to myself "What can I do to improve?" It's not like I hate my class mates, but other than about 4 of them, they don't seem to acknowledge my existence, so talking to them isn't a great option. It's not like I've been given a great opportunity in the music video thing. I mean, what the heck was I thinking? Pendulum? Since then I've been thinking "Oh man, imagine 'Rush - Tom Sawyer' with the video of a modern retelling of the Tom Sawyer story!" or "'Aerosmith - Dream On' could really go well with a video." But no, past me decided to say Pendulum and, if anything, that's what will ruin me. So what can I do? You know, I've never been a popular guy or a particularly fun person to be around unless you're my friend. I prefer to formulate an opinion on you before engaging in conversation. I mean, half the people in my class at school knew what I sounded like. I'm a quiet, lonely, isolated and secluded idiot and for some reason I signed up for a college course, betting all of my future hopes and dreams, for creating films. That is probably my biggest mistake, yet it is the thing I feel most proud of. For once in my life I'm being me, and that is what I am determined to do. People don't know my stories, and I think that's what will save me. So from now on, I'm going to be posting brief versions of my stories dispersed amongst homework and assignment tasks on this blog, in the hope that this will save me from the danger that may or may not exist.

That was a ramble. Anyway, next on my checklist is a quote that inspires me...

1 comment:

  1. AS an avid fan of your blog id like to reassure you of a few things....firstly, you are most certainly not moving to a lower tier of the course. Your new music video ideas may be THE new music video idea, tell the team your very creative it was just the song that didn't fit the bill! and finally, you will be a filmmaker if you want to be, your in charge of your destiny and this is a great and important first step, as the course moves on you will get to know more people and I bet that dream will start feeling closer all the time. Keep up the good work Rhys your doing a fantastic job x

    ReplyDelete