Monday 12 June 2017

Unit 4: Creative Media Production Management Project - Production Diary (May 6th - May 28th)

May 6th 2017


I took a trip to the location, had the agreements to use the house signed, and took some location pictures.























May 8h 2017


Storyboards were finished on this day. The cast and crew were also asked to give rough estimations as to how much it would cost for them to travel to location, which would help figure out how we, at Ufilms, would provide money using previous projects to help pay for transport:






May 10th 2017
I received word that one of the actors (Connor) had to leave for work at approximately 3:30 on both Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. While this meant there were less scheduled hours, it just meant we had to work harder. I let the team know and worked on finishing the Shot Lists, which were able to get completed, meaning that all of the paperwork was done and the film was ready to be made.



May 13th 2017
We filmed. The cast and crew met on set for 12, and we got them started with makeup straight away. Within 10 minutes, they had makeup to make them look a little bit rougher and a little bit tired/dirty, thanks to Rebecca Stokeld, the makeup artist. We decided to film in chronological order, starting with the first scene after it skips forwards in time in the script. We finished all of our scheduled scenes with about 20 minutes to spare (these being scenes 4-8), so we decided it would be good to film a small part of another shoot day to save time on another shoot. We decided on scene 2 as it's a fairly short scene, and we finished including that in 10 minutes, wrapping up on set for the day. We had filmed a total of 6 scenes when planning for 5, and were well ahead of schedule.







May 14th 2017
On this day, Rebecca (makeup) and Chloe (director) had made it known they would be unavailable, so we decided to film the early scenes which all feature use of no makeup, due to Rebecca's absence. Fortunately, we had filmed one of the scenes yesterday, and only had scenes 1 and 2 to film on this day. I took over the roles as Director for this shoot day, and worked with the DOP, Adam, to make sure we finished quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately, Ben was the only one there, so we decided to do scene 1, which featured only him, first, and to then move on once Connor got here. I messaged Connor, and he let me know it was a household emergency and he'd be over soon. There was a short, 10 minute break between filming scene 1 and Connor arriving, where we immediately shot scene 3, finishing with over an hour to spare. We didn't realise at the time, but Ben was wearing his glasses for scene 3, and it would need reshooting.






15th-18th May 2017
I worked on editing the film for this week, starting with scene 1 and 2. This is when I noticed scene 3 had an issue with it. I also worked on other peoples films in this time.


23rd + May 24th May 2017
The plan in place was to film on Saturday 27th May. I relayed this to the cast and crew under the assumption they had forgotten, trying to keep it light and fun. Unfortunately, Connor messaged me privately, letting me know he would unavailable on this day. I had let my teacher know of the previous incident regarding Connors lateness, and I tried to reschedule this for a different day, asking when people would be available. These two days were spent scheduling around other people, with half term coming the week after, so we tried to arrange dates for this. I also asked the Films classes tutor, Kelly, as for when deadlines were, so I knew if time after half term was usable.







25th May 2017
The classroom at college was being used for an exam, so we weren't allowed in. I originally came in to do some work, but upon realising that the rest of my class was not going to be in, that the LRC was too busy with computer too slow to work from, so I decided I'd meet up with Rebecca, provide her the Ufilms money for her travel, and ask if she was available on Monday (29th May), as this is when I intended to film the beach scene.


28th May 2017
On this day I made sure Ben was aware of the plans regarding the beach scene (it had slipped my mind previously due to working on assignment tasks over the few days, plus poor weather making it seem unlikely).



No comments:

Post a Comment